Graphics won't accelerate crashes if I do.

Col 13:54 06 Jan 05

Abit KT7A RAID MOBO
Abit Siluro GF2 MX Graphics Card
1.2GB Athlon
SB Live 5.1 Sound Card
250GB Hitachi HDD
LG 12x DVD Recorder
Hauppauge PCI TV Card
XP Home SP2
iiyama 481 19in LCD

Latest MOBO Bios 9c
Latest nVIDIA 66.93 Graphics Driver

When running in 16 bit colour and acceleration under Direct Draw level DVD or TV play ok in small screen about 5inx4in any bigger and it's to grainy to enjoy.
If I increase Acceleration to Direct Draw Level or above get good picture for 3 seconds then CRASH I have to reset PC as coplete lock up.
I want to be able to run DVDs etc full screen (Not games).
I'm wondering if a new graphics card would cure it. Help please Col

ACOLYTE 14:14 06 Jan 05

Its not a good idea to run dvd's with video acceleration on unless you have quite a powerfull card,also the dvd software you have should give you the option to start playback in full screen mode when a dvd plays.what screen resolution and refresh rate have you got you monitor set to for normal use?.As you say a new g-card may well be the answer but you should still get a good pic with the one you have,i had a gforce 2 mx 64meg card and it used to play dvd's no problem in full screen.By increasing the DD level you may be going over what the card can manage thus it locks up,try lowering the resolution and refesh of your monitor and looking in the dvd software for a full screen setting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…