graphics woes

exhumed 21:00 02 Jul 04

For some reason,nothing is being displayed on my monitor,or any monitor for that matter.I've tried three cards all known to be working, but nothing,I'm getting a post but nothing on the screen,any help folks.

jonnytub 21:07 02 Jul 04

tried 3 diff cards, tried diff monitors ?

exhumed 06:16 03 Jul 04

three cards 2 monitors

Dorsai 08:43 03 Jul 04

have you tried the 3 cards and 2 monitors on/in a different PC to verify that they work?

Just curious, but if you have no picture how are you sure that the system is POSTing?

jonnytub 09:22 03 Jul 04

to make sure it isn't the monitors boot up in safe mode by pressing f8 after switching the pc on, this method will use the os own basic driver software and the monitor will switch on if all is ok with it, this should help determine where the prob lies.

exhumed 18:22 03 Jul 04
  jonnytub 03:00 04 Jul 04

forgive me for response timing, bit of a night owl, email me if you wish by clicking on the envelope next to my name, i can respond quicker that way, anyway can i establish that the pc was all going fine and dandy when all of a sudden the monitor stopped working? , did you try and install a new graphics card?, was the previous graphics card onboard (built-in)?, what was the order of events before this happened ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac