graphics trouble

silverdragon41 23:23 09 Aug 10

i have been having troubles with my graphics of late. i used to play Empire Total War and Battleground Europe with no problems. but i just started playing them again and sometimes i skips and crashes. sometimes Battleground Europe will say "C:\PROGRA~1\CRS\BATTLE~1\ww2.exe" and "nvlddmkm driver failed and recovered"

what can i do?

Oh, i have Geforce 8500GT, 3gig RAM and still have 60 gig memory and 32bit Vista

northumbria61 23:30 09 Aug 10

You MAY find help or a solution in this list -
click here=

gazzaho 23:50 09 Aug 10

My GeForce 9800 GX2 gave up the ghost last week after a year or so of the type of behaviour and message you are describing. You may also get broken lines displaying in both Windows and on the Boot Screen and eventually an error 43 message and games and Aero will no longer work.

I've no bought a Radeon card as my GeForce one is borked. It's my opinion that the card was overheating while playing games and over time the part of the card handling 3D burned out, 2D Windows still worked Aero and games wouldn't.

These two posts mention similar problems (click here) and (click here)

Devil Fish 00:29 10 Aug 10

1) if you dont have the latest drivers installed,Install them

2) heat isssue brought up by gazzaho is valid 1st point of call check the fan is running on your gpu if it is look for dirt around the system fans Remedy tin of air duster available from major pc outlets and many supermarkets

loosing a graphics card rare but can happen if this is the case you have been very unfortunate

all the best

D

m800afc 10:10 10 Aug 10

I have solved my problem, touch wood. This may help with your difficulty.
I gave the inside a thorough clean, and removed all the dust from the fans. It did not make a scrap of difference. Eventually, I took the whole of the front fascia off the chassis. In between the front plastic fascia and the mesh covering the main chassis intake fan was a thick pad of accumulated dust which was compacted enough to class as felt. I removed this, and cleaned the fan out and reassembled. The air flow is now restored and the graphics card seems to be back to normal.

Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…