Graphics Tablets and Office 2003

garryparry 18:02 13 Aug 05

I have Office 2003 installed and was wondering how I could get to 'sign' documents in Word. Would a graphics tablet be OK for it? If so, which one would be best buy?

Thanks in advance.

garryparry

Diemmess 18:37 13 Aug 05

The simplest (and cheapest) Waco (A5)-

- make a standard signature and paste the resulting file into a text box wherever you want to 'sign'.

€dstowe 19:30 13 Aug 05

If you have a scanner, sign a piece of paper, scan the signature and turn it into a JPEG. Each time you want to use a signature just insert the JPEG image into your document.

I always think that an auto-created signature is something of a cop out though and gives a "don't care" impression to the recipient. OK, if you have a thousand to do but for just a few, a handwritten signature gives a much better impression.

I sign about 50 - 75 documents a day and they are all hand done. It would have to be a lot more before I considered a printed signature.

garryparry 08:02 15 Aug 05

Thanks for your responses.
I did consider the option of scanning my signature. It comes out a different size. Also, in pursuit of a paperless office, I wondered if I could sign and then archive the document as a pdf file using Open Office (File - Export as pdf).

Any thoughts?

garryparry

€dstowe 08:17 15 Aug 05

You can always adjust the size of a graphics image.

Try IrfanView to do this (and lots more) click here It's easy to use and FREE!!

€dstowe 08:21 15 Aug 05

Regarding storing documents as PDF files, depending on the business you're in, this may not be legally acceptable. Same applies to the legality of "computer signed" documents.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…