Graphics Tablet Problems

feedquentin 14:04 17 Apr 09

I am having quite a few problems with my recently bought AIPTEK 14000u graphics tablet. Alot of the time the screen does not match the drawing surface, but after plugging it out then back in again it eventually sorts itself out..

Also when i draw on a program such as photoshop the cursor every now and again becomes hyper sensitive unpredictably, making it very hard to control. I think this is because the computer confuses the cursor as a mouse which i have set to a high sensitivity before hand, but this shouldnt be effecting the tablet like this :S

ALSO every now and again the pen becomes completely unresponsive on photoshop; It will be working fine and then suddenly when i try to draw a curve or circle all will be left is a straight line. This isnt as many have suggested because im drawing too fast, and the only way to bring it back to normal is to minimze photoshop. I have the size jitter set to pen pressure so when this happens all i get from my attempts to draw is a very thin one pixel line, starting from the first point of drawing to the last.(hard to explain really..)

Photoshop CS4 is up to date and so are the drivers for my aiptek tablet. And as far as i know so are the drivers for my computer hardware. Again, it works fine most of the time but when these glitches happen it is really iritating!

any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)

p.s i know i should have gotten a Wacom..

AndySD 14:44 17 Apr 09

I had this problem and it was the pen. Contact the manufacturer they should supply a new pen for free.

feedquentin 14:56 17 Apr 09

THanks Andy for the response :D So will all these problems likely be the result of the faulty pen? or just some of those..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…