Graphics Tablet advice needed

bamfiesler 20:38 20 Jan 05

I like drawing cartoons, etc, in Paint, but drawing them with the mouse is infuriatingly awkward! Can anbody give me any advice on pads such as Wacom, and what the current models are, and what I should expect to pay second-hand?

Thanx to all, etc.

howard60 21:05 20 Jan 05

why go second hand - they are probably old serial port types. Go for a new one with usb connectivity and these are available from £25 upwards.

GaT7 21:33 20 Jan 05

Once you've decided/determined which one to purchase, consider getting it from Ebay (new or secondhand):

Sorted by 'Time: ending soonest' click here

Sorted by 'Price: lowest first' click here. Good luck, G

bamfiesler 21:37 20 Jan 05

That's the crunch: I don't know what's new or what. I like the idea of the A4 size, but is that really relevant?.

Alan2 22:39 20 Jan 05

You may wish to look at the NISIS one available from QVC click here I bought one a couple of months ago and whilst the setup was tricky - requiring phone help from NISIS - I am very pleased with it and find it extremely useful for editing pictures.

From what you say I think you'll find Artrage - a free painting/drawing package (recommended by another contributor here) - from click here to be just the job with a graphics tablet.

Alan2 22:43 20 Jan 05

I forgot to add that the NISIS tablet referred to is A5 usable area which I find to be adequate - though I didn't think it would be.

I paid about £21 and note the current price is £49.

bamfiesler 22:48 20 Jan 05

Ok; thank you all for your advice:-)

Alan2 10:40 23 Jan 05

Just came across this which may interest you - click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…