//some 3rd party need geo

graphics tablet

Newuser2569 18:16 02 Jan 03
  Newuser2569 18:16 02 Jan 03

i wouold love to ask the advice of some people who used "Wacom" graphics tablets and to tell me what they think about them. are others just as good or are "Waxcom" the best?

Magik™ 18:23 02 Jan 03

they are good, mind you, depends what you want it for, which will decide the size.i use mine for colouring black and white pictures.

jazzypop 18:27 02 Jan 03

I was very, very happy with mine. Then I upgraded to XP, and Wacom did not have the drivers sorted out at that time, so I got out of the habit of using it.

Having experienced the joys of an MS optical cordless mouse, I am very reluctant to wreck my posture again by going back to any sort of tethered device.

My kids certainly like using it now.

€dstow 18:44 02 Jan 03

We use Wacom tablets A3 size for professional drawing and artwork. All others are a huge disappointment in comparison to a genuine Wacom device whether it is a large size one such as we use or the more usual A6 size. Having the tablet "tethered" is not too much of a problem and is certainly better than having the stylus (pen) tethered as some of the cheaper tablets have. Remember as well that with the Wacom Graphire you get a cordless mouse included with it.

€d

Diemmess 19:45 02 Jan 03

Very happy with the "cheap" Wacom
Have had this or a precursor for years now.
It is invaluable for playing with large graphics whether bitmap or vector.

In my own case I started using it for everything and then wondered why my shoulder "burned."

So now it is mouse again for all normal purposes, but the tablet when graphic precision with high magnification is needed.

siouxah1 19:49 02 Jan 03

Have been using the Wacom A6 for some time now. Have been very pleased with it. Seems to work fully with all progs I throw at it. No batteries used either.

Regards Brian.

Newuser2569 18:26 03 Jan 03

what kind of money are we talking about for a graphics tablet by wacom.

€dstow 18:36 03 Jan 03

Have a look click here

€d

€dstow 18:38 03 Jan 03

Sorry, link didn't work.

Go to dabs home page click here and put wacom into the search box at the top.

€d

Spook Tooth 18:58 03 Jan 03

Wacom Intuos A6 - got it from Amazon. Was concerned of the relativeyl small active-area, but it works well.

I like the little buttons for save, print, open etc and also the high degree of configurability, using the WACOM control panel thing. You can set the pen buttons for normal mouse function or whatever. The pen is highly responsive and smooth with good tilt etc. The mouse is a bit weird, cordless as it is and used upon the tablet's surface - it picks up well and signal is spot on.

Got it as was unsure on quality of other offerings, and didn't want any Xmas pressie mishaps - bought it for someone who uses it for art design and playing about with rendering family digital photos into monstrosities. Amazing how life like it is, I was surprised to watch it being used like an actual brush for shading and colouring - does add a new dimension to the computer.

Can't say about others but this one didn't dissappoint even for shelling out the extra. Bit mindful on the 'extras' though, new nibs and additional pens - hope they are not too expensive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…