Graphics Settings after Formatting HD/fresh Win98

gplatt2000 20:45 02 May 03

HI. I have now added my new HD (after lots of peoples help) and installed Windows 98. But the resolution is too low and colour quality poor. But in settings it wont leet me choose a Resolution above 800 x 600 and colours of no more than 16 colours. Does anyone know why tis could be? Thanks in advance, Gavin. (by the way - I dont know what Graphics card I have and Belarc advisor doesnt tell me)

Rayuk 20:50 02 May 03

You wont be able to alter your settings till you have installed the graphics drivers.Do you not have a cdrom with the drivers on

Strawballs 20:50 02 May 03

If you can't find the drivers needed it might work going to the windows update on the microsoft site and if there are any drivers needed it will probably offer them.

hugh-265156 20:51 02 May 03

try this for better info click here then get latest drivers for ati cards from click here or nvidia from click here

hugh-265156 20:53 02 May 03

download aida32 and look under AGP for the info you need.then post back if you need any more help.

Ironman556 20:53 02 May 03

You need to install the drivers for the card you have. Try putting a standard VGA driver on if it's not got one already, that may make it a little easier on the eyes.

Your best bet (assuming it's not onboard graphics) is to look on the actual card and see if you can find the make/model. Then go to the manufacturer's site, or post back with details here if you're stuck. The info should be printed on the PCB, you may need to remove the card from the PCI/AGP slot to have a better look at it.

Ironman.

hugh-265156 20:54 02 May 03

or display i ment to say

gplatt2000 12:34 03 May 03

Thanks a lot guys, I used Aida to find out my GFX card then downloaded the drivers. All is well now. Thanks again everyone, as always, quick and informative. Thankyou,
Gavin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5