//some 3rd party need geo

graphics resolution

MIKE 10:48 10 Oct 04

A friend of mine has formated a Atlas Flyer 4700 laptop and reloaded 98SE. The problem he has encounted is because he does not have the correct Graphics card driver it will only show up 640x480 and colours only give 2 or 16.Does any one know how to get round this problem as the only drivers he has is windows own built in set.Keeping legs and fingers crossed at this end for help.

User-312386 11:01 10 Oct 04

does it have onboard graphics? I assume it does?

MIKE 11:03 10 Oct 04

As fas as I know yes. The problem its a fairly old machine so there might be a problem getting drivers

User-312386 11:05 10 Oct 04

Has you friend a windows98 disc or a restore disc?

If its a restore disc then all the drivers are no that

User-312386 11:06 10 Oct 04

last line should have read

If its a restore disc then all the drivers are ON that

MIKE 11:16 10 Oct 04

Thanks for your help madboy33©®. When I spoke to him this morning he only has the windows disk thats the real problem.He will bring his machine to me this afternoon to see if we an solve the problem though I don't hold out much hopes.

Rayuk 11:18 10 Oct 04

Just find out the onboard graphics and use Google you should be able to find drivers for it.

curlylad 11:27 10 Oct 04

Sounds to me as if you have the wrong video driver installed.In control panel select the system icon , select device manager tab , when the system properties dialog box appears click the'+' next to display adapters , and confirm that the driver listed is correct , if there is no driver listed or if the icon has a red 'X' through it , you will need to reinstall your video driver by selecting add new hardware in the control panel.If there is more than one display adapter listed , highlight the one that you are NOT using and click remove button.

Try this first then get back if no joy.

MIKE 11:46 10 Oct 04

Cheers lads chat later.

MIKE 18:33 10 Oct 04

Hi guys its me again, I managed to get around the problem re graphics resolution among the disks my friend had was a Ghost image. Loaded ghost bingo a few odd clitches but nothing that could not be solved. Any way thanks again for all your help PCA and all the advice givers rules OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…