Graphics & PSU upgrade

tridestra 21:11 17 Oct 07

I have a Acer Aspire T120e AMD Sempron 2800+ with 40GB HDD, 1.2GB RAM running Windows XP SP2. When I asked Acer about upgrading the graphics they said it couldn't be done for reasons of heat and space but I know there is a AGP slot available.

My question is whether my system could support a Geforce 7600GS 256MB card with a upgraded PSU of 500/600W. If so, does anyone have any recommendations.

The current PSU is model FSP200-60ATV (PF) which I understand is 200W. I have a DVD ROM, CD-RW and floppy disk drive so would need molex for these plus one for the new card.

Please correct me if I'm wrong as this is all fairly new to me.

Thanks.

umbongo(uk) 23:38 17 Oct 07

ok here goes i have the pics of your system in front of me

you will have to get a new psu for starters 400/500watts
click here
used them in many builds for freinds and there fine
its up to you if you want a branded model

just check the psu is horizontal --- in the back of the machine and is not vertical III blocking the agp and pci slots
here,s the users guide i just want to be 100%they havent changed the arrangement on the machine
if this is correct and the psu is horizontal your good to go ,,,,takes a while for the pdf file to open
click here$FILE/Aspire_T120E_Eng.pdf

the case is a half hight form factor you should be ok for a standard gfx card

as for the card as long as u have a decent psu your ready to go

the reason they may have said it wont is tht they think your gonna use the psu already in the system

just in case you ever lose driver cd or need to find a driver heres the systems link
click here

happy upgrading and post your results
enjoy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced