Graphics Problems

neg 21:08 13 Jul 03

My computer display has developed grey liniear shadows across the copy and pictures. The problem doesn't seem to be with the monitor as I have tried the coputer with a different monitor and the problem is exactly the same. My O/S is Windows 98ME and the graphics card is NVIDA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/ Model 64 Pro. Help!

Steven135 21:39 13 Jul 03

Sounds like the Card is on the way out, have you tried updating the driver to latest version? Turning down graphics accelleration?

My card has just turned its toes up after crashing the system; on restart the screen was corrupted with vertical coloured lines.

VoG II 21:45 13 Jul 03

If you type a line of text in Word or whatever, does the horizontal line become blacker?

If so you have the identical problem that I had with the same card. Changing the graphics card cured the problem.

As you've tried using a different monitor (very wise, as I did) I would buy a new graphics card.

neg 15:58 19 Jul 03

A new graphics card solved the problem. Thank you Steven 135 & VoG.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…