graphics problems

k_g2000 22:51 13 Mar 03

HI, just upgraded a system: 2000xp, a7n266-vm, 256ddr pc2100. a7n has onboard nvidia geforce 2 graphics, I have heard of many problems with this board but have used it many times and have no complaints apart from the manuel. Getting to the point, I can run Quake 2 demo, don't actually have the game it was on the system as well as Pearl Harbour, when I start Pearl Harbour the screen switches off, hangs and takes me back to the desktop. Is this a problem with the graphics?The operating system is ME, should I re-install the graphic drivers? Could anyone tell me the reason for this hang? Are the graphics just not good enough? k_g

Terrahawk 01:21 14 Mar 03

try the following
check you have the right spec for the game should be on the game case
check for updated drivers for your graphics
check the game manufacturers web site for known issues and updates
hopefully above may help you find a solution to your problem

cheapskate2k 10:21 14 Mar 03

Yeah just make sure all your drivers are up to date, games are really picky about drivers.

k_g2000 14:22 14 Mar 03

Thanks guys, I've tried all the latest drivers still no go. I don't have the game its not my system it was on the harddrive. I'll get a download of the game and try re-installing it also I'll check for compatability.
Thanks again for the help.

Mr Crispy 22:47 14 Mar 03

Such is the problem with cracked games

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…