graphics problem on hp laptop

sugarbabe 11:45 21 Sep 10

i am encountering grpahics problem on hp laptop> get complete snowy screen upon start up> error messages about NVIDIA drivers.

If i start in safe mode works fine.

Tried complete restore using HP utility but still have same problem. Tried downloading latest drivers but still have problem.

Please help

woodchip 11:55 21 Sep 10

It may also be a good idea to upgrade the BIOS, Yes I know its not nice to do, but there as been problems with some HP Laptops as Graphics BIOS upgrade was one of the things suggested on the Page

PS I Use a HP 510 Laptop

sugarbabe 13:53 21 Sep 10

How would i upgrade the bios?? just download latest drivers from HP

Laptops runs windows vista 32 - bit

woodchip 14:18 21 Sep 10

ONe on how to but the BIOS as to be for your Laptop not a different Model click here You have to take care when Updating BIOS as if power goes off or anything untoward it can make your laptop US.

This one should be your first port of call click here

This is the Page I mentioned to you about in my first post above.
click here

sugarbabe 15:09 25 Sep 10

looked on that page this service tag not listed.

i can't update bios in safe mode and cannot run normally as graphics crash after minute or so.

Help!!!!

woodchip 15:46 25 Sep 10

You need to download new Graphics driver on another computer put this on media like a USB stick etc, on Laptop Start Laptop in safe mode and run the Download Setup File or double click the download to run the driver install

woodchip 15:47 25 Sep 10

You may on the other hand start in safe mode with network support from list. You can then download driver to the Desktop and install from there

woodchip 15:53 25 Sep 10

What Model Laptop, as I using a HP 510 to post this and have graphics driver for it in Explorer

woodchip 15:54 25 Sep 10

Sorry just looked at mine it's a Mobile Intel Chipset card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant