Graphics Problem

dogbreath1 12:38 15 Aug 08

Had a problem with an older ATI driver on an XP SP3 PC so went to the ATI site and upgraded. Since then, have had a problem with jittery scrolling in Firefox 3.0.1 which is not remedied by either of the more popular smooth scroll extensions.

Assuming that the problem is a graphics driver one, I attempted to launch the ATI Control Centre both through Start>All Programs and through Control Panel>Display. It will not launch.

I attempted a repair install of the driver in Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs but it will still not launch.

Any ideas would be welcome.

dogbreath1 08:10 29 Sep 08

Problem sorted.

Having read about DriverMax (driver update program) in the following thread, click here, I thought I'd give it a try.

Incidentally, my decision had nothing to do with the graphics problem, I just thought I'd see how DriverMax performs.

In any case it identified an available ATI driver update so I went ahead with the download and all is now well.

Thanks for the heads up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…