Graphics problem,

wolfie3000 21:01 05 Aug 08

Im having problems with a computer,
After a few minutes the monitor either flashes up different colours or it goes into standby mode.

Iv tryed reinstalling the graphics card drivers and removing them but still get the same problem.

It mostly happens when a video or game is run but happens usually after a few minutes of the pc being turned on.

Iv tryed everything i can think of and i think i may be looking at a re install of windows.

So any ideas how to fix this without a total format??

MAT ALAN 21:05 05 Aug 08

Might be a loose cable, one of the pins maybe bent or busted if it has been taken off and put back wrong, it may just be the monitor itself...

wolfie3000 21:07 05 Aug 08

The monitor cables have been checked also the pins too, this was the first thing i checked.

The monitor works fine on other pc,s too.

MAT ALAN 21:08 05 Aug 08

VGA card is dead then...

wolfie3000 21:13 05 Aug 08

God i hope not, its an ATI radeon something or other and i really7 dont want to be replacing it.

Any way of finding out or any alternative solutions to this problem?

citadel 21:14 05 Aug 08

I would try another psu first.

wolfie3000 21:15 05 Aug 08

How would that help?

MAT ALAN 21:17 05 Aug 08

Could be PSU moreso if it has a direct connection to PSU rather than drawing from MOBO...

wolfie3000 21:20 05 Aug 08

I dont think it is a hardware problem to be honest, plus its a Dell pc so it might be tricky to take the thing apart to check out the stuff inside.

MAT ALAN 21:23 05 Aug 08

I do not think software conflict will give the issues you have, you may have to swap some stuff out to eliminate it as the cause...

citadel 21:23 05 Aug 08

faulty psu can cause all sorts of problems, often there are no error messages and there is no knowing when a glitch may occur.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…