Graphics Problem

pb457 17:36 07 Dec 04

i built my own PC i am running a 1.83 Ghz cpu with a matsonic motherboard, 512mb 333 DDR Ram and a Nvidia Geforce 4 FX5200 with 128mb of memory when i play games such as the Sims 2 and Flight simulator 2004 the screen flickers and clouds appear and disappear. Yet the graphics card is fine in older games. I have updated the graphics drivers to 61.77 and i have changed the refresh rate, there is still a problem can anyone help. thanks do you think i should buy an ATI radeon or something.

Technotiger 17:57 07 Dec 04

Hi, I would have thought your Gforce would have been ok, but yes, I would recommend Radeon :-)

gudgulf 18:57 07 Dec 04

Some suggestion to be going on with.

Have a look in the settings and make sure the vertical(vs) synchronisation setting is switched on.You can get flickering if it is switched off.

Also make sure you have the latest version of directx...you will have this if you keep Windows up to date.from the start menu select run and type dxdiag in the box.This will identify the version you have and will give an idication of any problems.

Flight sim is a graphically demanding game and a 5200 will probably struggle with it....try with all settings at minimum and see if that improves things.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…