Graphics Problem?

caast©? 13:04 12 Oct 03

I have a PC that is intermittent when starting, the problem appears to be Graphics related as the monitor shows the no signal screen and PC does not boot. Intermittent in that sometimes it boots, if you shut down and restart it shows no signal to the monitor and does not boot. I took the graphics card out and put it in another PC and this did not boot, and I had the same no signal screen. Problem solved the graphics card is dodgy so I replaced.

However the problem was not solved, with the new graphics card I still had the same problem. I have changed the memory, the chip, and graphics card and still cannot get the PC to boot. All that is left for me to change is the Motherboard, but I am still unsure if this will solve my problem. I say this because I have put the graphics card in another PC and got it to boot, so obviously the graphics card was not the problem.

This PC was fine until a couple of days ago when the problem occurred. It is running win98SE, and geForce 440 64meg, has a 40 gig Seagate HDD of which 36 gig is used up on compilations of Music which I have done for my fathers DJ business.

Is it just a case of replacing the Motherboard or should I try anything else before going down this route.

canard 13:07 12 Oct 03

Intermittent sounds like a dodgey connection.

caast©? 13:13 12 Oct 03

dodgy connection yes but from where?

The PC has been fine for 12 months it has not been moved or distrubed at all, so why all of a sudden should I get problems. M

vinnyT 13:55 12 Oct 03

Vibration within the case has been known to cause cards/components to come loose.

caast©? 16:34 12 Oct 03

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…