Graphics and my pc

Peachy boy 18:11 16 Jan 07

Hi I was seriously planing to build a new pc just before I ordered the parts I keep hearing about direct x 10 new games and grphics cards needing it so my questions is should I still build a pc even thought I dont think I can afford direct x10 and not be able to play new games or wait till direct x10 graphics cards are cheaper

Thanks Alan

the way i see it, the speed everything changes however you build it something new will be along in a month or two so just make it as upgradable as you can!

citadel 18:54 16 Jan 07

I would wait as there are mid range dx10 cards on the way.

Peachy boy 19:00 16 Jan 07

Are there any mid range ati crossfire cards for about a £100 each

archir123 19:54 16 Jan 07

yep as citadel said the 8600Ultra and a few other mid range DX10 cards are imminent.

however there are no DX10 games yet , DX10 is only Vista and there is only one Beta 8 series vista driver available at the mo and from what i hear its a dog.

i have an 8800gtx and its a hell of a card , however if yuor on a budget why not pick up a cheap 7 series card and run it for 6 months , the 8800gtx will be about a tenner by then ;0) upgrade again to a DX10 solution.

i reckon its gonna be a good 6 months before the drivers/games and Vista catch up anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5