Graphics lost from Vista

bograt1 12:29 09 Mar 08

Hi,

My graphics have suddenly disappeared from Vista and I get critical error 'No suitable graphics device found'
Any advice gratefully received.

brundle 14:41 09 Mar 08

Start in Safe mode (hit F8 repeatedly before the Vista logo appears), select safe mode or VGA mode, go to Control Panel/Programs & Features, remove your video drivers, reboot. If you've started in VGA mode you'll still have internet connectivity - use this to find out what graphics hardware you have and download the latest driver. click here

Reboot and install the driver then check your Windows Update history - there may have been an MS driver update that broke your graphics - a computer I use on occasion has its wireless adapter disabled if I allow it to download the `Windows Update` entry for the device.

bograt1 16:31 09 Mar 08

Hi brundle,

Many thanks for your help. I checked the graphics download and found a Java update in the last 24 hours, used system restore to delete it and now everything is back to normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…