Graphics importer for QuickTime

Brenne 22:46 13 Apr 08

I have some .Mov files acquired from a Panasonic FZ18 camera. When I try to play them on QuickTime picture viewer 7.1.3, I get the message:
"Couldn't display "title.MOV" because a suitable graphics importer could not be found."
I tried to find something on the web, but became rather confused by the jargon. I'd be grateful if someone could suggest my best action. I also tried converting to MPEG files using FxBear MOV converter; the results did play but were very blocky even at low zoom.
Many thanks.

Brenne

brundle 22:48 13 Apr 08

Get the latest version of Quicktime? click here

Brenne 19:57 15 Apr 08

Thank you, Brundle. Once more, your succinct prod pointed out the obvious. The trouble is that lack of experience (or intelligence?) completely masks the obvious to me. I didn't use your link in the end: I was charged nearly £17 for a "free download" which I failed to acquire, amd then got the program genuinely free from a different source. I'm trying to recover the £17, but I'm not holding my breath. The MPEG conversions using Fxbear were useless. QuickTime 7.4 etc works well.
Thanks again. Brenne

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…