Graphics & Games a Hardware Nightmare!!!

Woody_69 11:31 18 Feb 04

I am a student studying computer animation and am looking at buying a new pc. I want to get a great graphics card. I've cut the choices down to the 9800XT, FX5950 and the Quadro 4 750XGL. I'm pretty sure the Quadro 4 is the best choice, but I'm an avid gamer and need it to be able to play Far Cry, Half-Life 2, Doom 3...

Please a little advice, but no smart ass comments like 'you students should just be working!'.

Thanks in advance

Woody

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:24 18 Feb 04

They all sound pretty good,but my preference would be the FX5950,just cos i like nvidia cards and most games seem to support the nvidia chipset.I have a FX5700 and it always been good with games.Never played doom or half life but i have played far cry demo and it runs it sweet.

Regards.

Some of the games are being supported by different manufacturers at the moment

Doom are being sponsered by nvidia (buy a card get game free, and same for ATI and Half life 2).

The 9800XT and FX5950 are similar kinds of card's.

But the Quadro i am sure is more suited to hefty graphic's work like rendering etc.

You just gotta get the best you can for the money you got. Although i know i could get a 9800SE and have HL2/Doom3 running on full whack easy...

(Tip. Look out for Unreal Tournament 2004 - That is gonna creep up on doom and half life. The demo rock's!!!!)

Woody_69 00:48 16 Mar 04

I've now ordered the nVIDIA Quadro FX1100 from dabs for a little over £600, but its f***ing fast!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…