Graphics freeze in game

s99Raj 16:21 23 Feb 04

I've recently bought a motherboard bundle from Novatech (Order Code MBB-X28IG) which comes preinstalled with an AMD XP 2800 processor.
I've attached a Radeon 9600 graphics card (which has 256 Mb of 128-bit DDR RAM on it) and installed the drivers that came with the card.

I've now tried to play "Call of Duty" which plays OK for a while but now, having gone a couple of stages in the game, it freezes and I get this message:

VPU Recovery has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands.

Does anyone have any suggestions as how to proceed?

jakimo 18:59 23 Feb 04

Have you downloaded the lastest ATI driver!

citadel 19:00 23 Feb 04

you could try a newer driver, the ones that come with the card are often out of date. Remember to uninstall the old drivers before installing the new. The forums at guru3d.com have information on how to do this and you can see what other drivers people have tried.

s99Raj 22:54 23 Feb 04

I'll try the latest driver and see if it makes any difference.
From the website I notice something called Catalyst - is this soemthing I need?

are what the ATi drivers are known as.

Tog 07:35 24 Feb 04

Catalyst is a software package that includes the drivers and control panels for various ATI cards, it will detect your hardware and only install the relevant stuff. It may be a good idea to check for the latest motherboard drivers while you are at it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…