Graphics Drivers

dazza39 16:46 06 Feb 05

I have a 128MEG FX 5500 i downloaded the latest drivers but when i install them i get all sorts of problems for example the "n4_dsp" driver will crash some games i have ie Rome-Total War and Medal of Honour-Pacific assault,yet when i insatll the default drivers from the CD that came with card everythings fine....any ideas.

AndySD 17:10 06 Feb 05

Some companies tweak the standard nvidia drivers just for their cards. click here and have a read.

Totally-braindead 18:34 06 Feb 05

As AndySD has said the latest Nvidia drivers may cause some problems, I had a Gigabyte ATI card that had some problems with the ATI drivers but worked perfectly with the Gigabyte ones. Only suggestion I can offer is try the Omega drivers and see if they're any better, if not you may have to stick with your graphics card manufacturers drivers. click here

JonnyTub 18:37 06 Feb 05

did you uninstall the old driver before installing the new?? notorious problems can arise if you don't...

woodchip 18:41 06 Feb 05

Why do you want to update if the old ones work?

gudgulf 20:13 06 Feb 05

Keeping the graphics drivers up to date is a gaming thing.....Often there are significant imrovements in performance for specific games and fixes to be had for others in the latest versions.So even though they may work, seeking out the latest driver is often advantageous.

dazza39 I would really recommend you give Omega drivers a try ,but if you want Nvidia ones this is probably the best place to go click here
as they frequently post the most up to date versions from Nvidia themselves and also a good number of drivers that are used by graphics card manufacturers.

woodchip 22:30 06 Feb 05

Obviously not hear

K@$H 22:45 06 Feb 05

try downloading the drivers from the manufacturers
website. i had the same problem with my Msi fx5200 last week. first i downloaded the drivers from the nvidia website which resulted in fifa 2005 being jumpy with lines in it but then uninstalled them and downloaded them from the msi website. now eveythings fine. hope that helps

KASH

dazza39 09:02 07 Feb 05

Thanks guys will try your suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…