graphics driver query

surfmonkey #:@}© 17:20 05 Jun 06

i have just changed my geforce 440 128mb card to a geforce fx 5500 256mb card i have uninstalled old drivers and installed new version 84.21.I have noticed that in the add and remove programs i also have something called Intel(R)82845G graphics driver software is this anything to do with my new card or can i uninstall it will it make any diference to pc if i do any suggestions would be very welcome.
p.s if i uninstall if it before i do can i download it from internet just in case i have to put it back.

ade.h 18:50 05 Jun 06

The 845G is/was an Intel chipset, so the 82845G is either a driver for onboard graphics or a software link between the 845 chipset and the graphics card. Either way, I'd be surprised if it wasn't there before, but just went unnoticed.

ade.h 18:50 05 Jun 06

click here Some of these links will help.

DieSse 23:21 05 Jun 06

It'll be an old driver for onboard graphics. It's certainly not required for you new card - but as Windows can support multiple graphics adapters, you could leave it in - or you could take it out. It should make no difference either way.

surfmonkey #:@}© 14:57 06 Jun 06

i will try to take it out as i have found that there is a back up copy on my pc in the recovery bit. touch wood here goes

surfmonkey #:@}© 15:00 06 Jun 06

nope no good add and remove wont let me uninstall it looks like it will have to stay

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…