graphics distortion

Never again 09:48 18 Jan 03
  Never again 09:48 18 Jan 03

My daughter is getting graphics distortion when using MSN Messenger. Her friends seem to think that it is something to do with worms or blue hearts and urge her to explore C and delete them.

Has anyone else had any experience of this? (ps I have Norton AV enabled and a virus scan shows my pc to be clear)?

Lozzy 09:57 18 Jan 03

I doubt its worms or anything else and norton won't affect the graphics. Depending on you video card (which you have not stated) download the up to date driver but make sure you disable Norton before installing it then re enable norton after installation..

Never again 10:03 18 Jan 03

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll try it later. The problem only seemed to appear after I reinstalled MSN Messenger, Can graphics cards go at any time (I have a rage fury pro 64mb card which was working ok)?

Lozzy 10:07 18 Jan 03

If its msn 5 then un-install re boot then re try the existing msn if all is ok with you graphics then re try installing msn 5 and see what happens. If it goes again then the fault lies with msn 5. Msn 4.6 comes with windows, msn 5 is downloadable.

Belatucadrus 10:44 18 Jan 03

If MSN is causing problems, it's not the only messanger program available click here for a range of free alternatives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…