Graphics Distorted - Ran out of ideas

I have had a NVidia 6600GT AGP graphics card since January this year.

In April I formatted the computer because of frequent crashes and shortly after noticed that the graphics on Medal of Honor Pacific Assault were very distorted as in there were lots of missing polygons. As I was only playing on Call of Duty, which ran perfect, I chose to ignore the problem.

I've just installed the Battlefield 2 demo today and when I went to play, exactly the same problem that I had on Medal of Honor appeared.

Here are some screen shots click here click here

I have reinstalled the graphics card driver with the latest version and the version supplied on the CD it came with, and reinstalled Direct X but the problem still persists.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do now to fix it?

Thank you

Dave

VoG II 20:26 13 Jun 05

Start, Run, type

dxdiag

and click OK. Does it come up with any errors?

Chaz10 20:28 13 Jun 05

I've come across this before and in the end your GFX card is shot at, take it back and get a new one

Done that - all tabs indicated that no problems were found and I have done the DirectDraw and Direct3D test, neither had any problems.

I have thought that may have been the problem. I bought the card off Ebuyer and don't want to send it back until I'm fairly sure it is a fault with the card.

If it turns out that is the cause of the problem, would the amount of time it has been since I purchased it affect the situation?

Thanks

Chaz10 21:09 13 Jun 05

No as all products ship with a 12 month warrenty, although as you bought it off ebuyer it could prove to be a bit of a headache sending it back as they aren't the quickest of suppliers, just a thought have you an other card to test that the agp slot is not knackard.

De Marcus 21:11 13 Jun 05

You haven't at any point attempted an o'clock on the card have you?

De Marcus 21:20 13 Jun 05

Reason I ask is the artefacts in the graphics you posted seem common to a card being pushed too hard in overclocking terms, the 6600 gt (128mb model) should have stock speed of 500Mhz for the core and the same for memory, the best way to check is to download rivatuner and see what speeds the card is running at and compare that with the stock speeds for your card. You can get rivatuner from click here

6600 GT stock speeds click here

I have never tried to overclock the card.

I have downloaded Rivatuner and checked the speed and for some reason it is saying core speed is 300Mhz :-S . I shall investigate.

Chaz I still have my old Gforce MX440 and will stick it in later tonight and report the results.

Thanks for the help so far

Dave

De Marcus 21:40 13 Jun 05

possibly underclocked ?? there's something amiss with that speed, make sure you compare the speed with the stock speed from YOUR manufacturer as different manufacturers sometimes change speeds a little for the same card

I have a XFX card. The stock speed of that is 500MHz core and memory (although the memory is factory overclocked from the 450Mhz of the normal AGP versions)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…