Graphics / display problems

NICKE 13:33 23 Mar 08

I am experiencing display problems with my 4 year old Mesh PC with AMD Athlon XP3200+. Graphics card is ATI All in Wonder 9800 Series. Monitor is NEC 1860NX. I have long suffered problems with Google Earth & Tiger Woods Golf but now I get vertical and horizontal lines all over the screen in any programme. This has become a daily problem. I have downloaded latest driver for the graphics card but no improvement. Is it something I can fix or do I need to spend some money on a new card? If so, any recommendations for a compatible card?

Technotiger 13:37 23 Mar 08

Are you sure it is not just the monitor on-the-blink?

Technotiger 13:39 23 Mar 08

Also, I assume you do have your card connected to your PSU, it does need the power.

NICKE 16:56 23 Mar 08

I have just tried swapping monitors with another PC. I still had display problems using another monitor but my NEC monitor used with a Dell PC was fine so I assume the monitor is OK. I checked to make sure the card is connected to the PSU. This is not a new install and there have been no recent hardware changes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…