Graphics Coversion Filter

sheila.weston 15:03 24 Aug 06

Every now and then I get an error message (probably when opening emails: 'Unable to load Graphics Conversion Filter'. What is this and what do I do to correct it?
Many thanks for any help, as always.Sheila

Pesala 18:57 24 Aug 06

I don't know the answer, but it might help others if they know which email program you're using. Do you get this message when you try to open email DOC attachments, or just when you read your emails?

sheila.weston 12:41 28 Aug 06

I am using Outlook Express. The message comes up when I try to open a *.doc document.

DieSse 14:10 28 Aug 06

This seems on googling, to pricipally relate to documents from old versions of Word, which store some graphics in a different way to newer versions.

Can you confirm which version of Word you have now, and which version the .doc files were produced with?

Another thing you could try is to open the document from Word, using Import, and choosing an old version of Word to import from.

And/or you could try the free Word viwer download from MS, which may be able to cope better click here

And/or you could download the Office converter pack. click here

sheila.weston 16:17 28 Aug 06

Many thanks. I am downloading the wordviewer and will report back. I use Lotus Suite for my word-processing programs, although I have Front Page 2000 which uses a form of Word. So this could easily be the cause.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…