graphics cards for a zoostorm elite

anthdron 18:31 PM 23 Jan 13

ok im not totaly comp savy but have some knowlage i am at the moment running a geforce gt 520 1gig card and i am thinking of upgradeing it to a 2gig geforce gt 610 i know my psu isc big enough to run the card but is it worth upgrading to the 2 gig or should i stay with the 1 gig

Ian in Northampton 18:47 PM 23 Jan 13

From what I can make out, the GT610 is hardly an upgrade from the GT520 - when the 610 was launched, the comment was that it was no more than a rebadged 520. Perhaps you know different? Anyway, to your question: on graphics cards - like PCs - more memory is always good. But if you had the budget, I'd be looking at something with DDR5 memory rather than DDR3, as it's significantly faster.

Chronos the 2nd 18:49 PM 23 Jan 13

The GeForce GT 610 is just a re-branded GeForce GT 520. They are exactly the same card other than for the name change.

Chronos the 2nd 18:53 PM 23 Jan 13

Posted before I had time to finish.

A few more details would be useful, I am assuming that you are not a gamer so why do you wish to upgrade even though,of course the 610 is not an upgrade?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things