Graphics Cards Upgrade

I am considering upgrading my current Graphics Card (32 MB NVIDIA GeFORCE2 MX)as I am pushing the limit for games etc. I run Windows ME on a PIII 833 processor, 384 mb Ram. I'm not averse to doing my own upgrades (have added RAM and 2nd Hard Drive). Has anybody done this before, and are there any hidden traps out there, and are there any products recommended or best avoided ?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:53 14 Oct 03

It fairly easy to replace the G card static is biggest worry but if you take precautions it shouldnt be a problem i would go for a 128meg card min tho the brand is up to you.

Jester2K II 12:57 14 Oct 03

Page 174 of the 100th Issue of PCA (out now) shows you how to do it.

Just remember to uninstall the old drivers.

Switch off.

Swap cards

Switch on

Install new drivers.

Done

citadel 18:18 14 Oct 03

It would be best to get a mid-range card for your system as your processor will not be able to get top range card out of second gear.

Rayuk 18:25 14 Oct 03

If you have latest nvidia drivers and are replacing with another nvidia card there is no need to uninstall the drivers

Jester2K II 20:18 14 Oct 03

Not necessarily true. Different cards might have different registry settings and file uses. Esp if going from a GeForce 2 to a GeForce 4 or GeForce FX.

ALWAYS best to uninstall and reinstall.

Rayuk 17:16 15 Oct 03

Looks like Ill have to have a refresher course on basics,and thanks for the tone of your rebuff.
Off course you are spot on.

Smacks hand:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…