Graphics cards for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Bleriot 13:22 18 Apr 05

I have recently acquired some high-resolution terrain mesh scenery for the FS2002 and FS2004 flight simulators and I intend also to buy some photo-realistic textures. The frame rates on my existing computer are too low and so I am seeking a new machine. I do not want to spend an unnecessarily large sum on the new graphics card. What is the minimum requirement to provide smooth operation (say, better than 20 FPS) when using maximum MSFS settings. Can anyone recommend a graphics card that fits this requirement?

gudgulf 16:01 18 Apr 05

If you want any sort or decent frame rate with very high detail settings at anything like a high reslution you are going to need the highest spec card you can afford.An nVidia6800gt would be about right and you are going to need a fast processor too,click here

There is a small graph with some figures for MS Flight Sim at the bottom.A 6800gt managed 24fps at 1280x1024 2xAA/4xAF.That's with a 3.4GHz P4 Extreme Edition processor in the test rig.Those figures would drop somewhat with the high resolution plug-ins you are talking about.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…