Graphics Cards help!!

Aziraphael 20:57 20 Jan 07

I have just upgraded my computer to teh following: AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 2Gb RAM, Asus A8N Sli Deluxe Mobo, 2x Gigabyte nVidia 6600GT Sli Graphics cards. My problem is this. I have been using one of the Graphics cards for the last 2 years, no problem. I have just installed the second, flipped the EZ card over to two card possition, pluged in 4 pin power connector, put on the bridge, and then went into windows to try and enable the SLi in the nVidia desktop manager. However, the checkbox that the instuctions say should be there is not and there is a message saying I have to remove non Sli compatable graphics cards to enable it.

I've tried reinstalling drivers, I've checked the hardware manager and it recognises that there are two graphics cards and that they're both the same, one in port 7 on in port 8. I even tried disabling the one shown in port 8, but to no avail.

Oh, and I've also changed the BIOS setting from Auto to SLI just in case.

What have I done wrong!?!?!??!

Strawballs 21:14 20 Jan 07

I know nothing about this but I did find a walk through click here hope it is of some help.

Aziraphael 21:22 20 Jan 07

Thanks for that but it kind of goes awry when it says "plug in the power supply on your graphics card"

There are no power inlets on the graphics card, just an EZ plud 4 pin power supply on the mobo to supply power for SLI.

My computer also never said "you have an sli enabled computer". The manual just says activate it through nVidia manager which I tried and wouldn't give me the option as outlined above.

Thanks for trying though.

Strawballs 21:27 20 Jan 07

Is there something in the Bios for this?

Aziraphael 10:45 21 Jan 07

The manual says that as long as the BIOS setting is either AUTO or SLI it should work. I've tried it on both settings and it doesn't make any difference.

Arthur Scrimshaw 11:34 21 Jan 07

between the cards (if I'm reading this correctly) are the bios versions the same? - I seem to remember reading that this could cause problems.

Arthur Scrimshaw 11:36 21 Jan 07
  Aziraphael 11:47 21 Jan 07

Got to admit I didn't follow half of the link you provided, BUT....the cards are EXACTLY the same, both GV-NX66T128D's from Gigabyte....think the point of the link was that he was trying to match two different cards and he acheived this by "downgrading" one to a 128 from a 256?

I'll have a play in the BIOS again and see what I can find.
Thanks for taking time to help.

Aziraphael 13:24 21 Jan 07

This is turning into a f***ing nightmare. Reading through the Asus manual there's a chapter on upgrading BIOS. Says that Asusupgrade will do it for you. Go to Start>All programmes>Asus and it's not there. Try to load it from original CD with mobo. Won't let me. Go to Asus website. Wait 10 minuted for it to load. Go to help page. Wait another 10 mins. Try to download Asusupdate. Try to both run and save it. No good.

Am I a dunce?

Try to update BIOS from website...won't do it.

Where am I going wrong?

Arthur Scrimshaw 16:52 21 Jan 07

if they were made at different times they may have different BIOS versions - ?

Aziraphael 09:50 22 Jan 07

Again gonna sound dumb...how do I check the BIOS versions on the graphics card?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…