graphics cards

rik200877 13:28 05 Dec 07

hi. i am trying to play delta force extreme. i have loaded the game, but am now being told that my graphics card does not have HWT&L, the graphics card i am running is an intel(r)82865g graphics controller. not sure what i need to do can anyone help. thanks rik

PalaeoBill 13:43 05 Dec 07

Your graphics controller does not support hardware transform and lightning. It will do T&L via software, but Delta Force Extreme specifically checks for hardware support and will not run if it cannot detect it.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You need a new graphics card.

rik200877 13:51 05 Dec 07

do i add another card or do i replace the card?

PalaeoBill 17:13 05 Dec 07

It is up to you. Depending upon the cards in question, PC's can support two but unless you have a specific reason for doing it I would just replace the old one.

PalaeoBill 17:18 05 Dec 07

The 82865G is usually integrated with the motherboard, rather than being a separate graphics card. If that is the case then your system BIOS will probably disable the 82865G automatically when it detects that you have plugged a third party graphics card into one of the slots.
It may be possible to prevent the 82865G being disabled via a BIOS setting, if you particularly wanted to have both graphics card. You will need to check your MB manual or Google the MB id.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced