Graphics cards??

Archaic 08:11 18 Dec 06

I have a dell dimension 3000 complete with intel graphics thingummy. Much of the the new gaming software available requires an enhanced graphic card......geforce 6200 etc. Ive read about buying them but have no idea how to go about putting them in the pc. Soldering iron? Through one of the ports? I cant even find info on compatability or more likely I dont understand it. Any help for an ageing luddite would be gratefully accepted.

egapup 08:35 18 Dec 06

Graphic cards fit into a slot on the motherboard, either pci express or agp, you need to find which your board supports and then do some homework on which card would best suit you. There's plenty of easily found imformation on the net about fitting them, especially on google but dont worry it's dead simple and you dont need a soldering iron.

aca 19:54 18 Dec 06

Archaic

just checked out your motherboard and dont think that you will be able to upgrade. Your board doesn't have a graphics expansion port (AGP or PCI-Express.

May be wrong but have look here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…