Graphics Cards

Death_Angel 18:49 09 Jan 06

Hello Umm I Need A Cheap Graphics card That Can Run Play Doom 3 With No Lag Like I Can Enjoy The Game Can SOmeone Take Me To A Link? For One Cheap Plz

Like £0-£55

Plz Help I Cant Find Any Maybe you lot know?

007al 18:52 09 Jan 06

You`ve just closed your last thread on the same subject.In this one,your forgetting to say you need a PCI card

Death_Angel 18:55 09 Jan 06

What Do You Mean yes I Need One Will This Graphics Card Run Doom 3? Without No Lag?

click here

Death_Angel 21:50 09 Jan 06

Umm Oooops I Think The Price Has To Be £0-£35

i Know Its A Bit Hard To Find A Good One On That PRice Maybe Someone Can Help?

At Least Give Me A Link Please

:(:(:(:(:(:(

DieSse 22:12 09 Jan 06

It doesn't just depend on the graphics card, it depends on your processor and RAM too. Are they up to scratch? It also matters what else you are running - Anti-virus is very important, as some AV programs impose a very heavy load on the system.

You will only get a very basic card at this price point - that's the real world I'm afraid - and all the wishing in the world won't change that.

However - official minimum system requirements click here

and there's even a checkout on the page for your system.

According to that you can play the game with a 9250. That dosn't necessariy mean play it well in the highest detail settings, with all the bells and whistles.

Here's all Misco PCI cards click here - The PNY GeF 5500 looks like a real bargain to me at that price.

Death_Angel 22:19 09 Jan 06

I Currently Have A 2.60Ghz and I Will be Buying Extra Ram To My Computer Aswell With The Graphics card I Will Be Buying another 256MB of DDR Ram For My Computer So I Can Run Doom 3 with no slowness When i buy this 9250 Radeon? from misco The DDR is Currently £20.00p And i checked my computer can tuch that so I Will Be Wasting a £30 for the graphics card I ONLY HAVE £50 In My Pocket And I Really Want To Get Some Graphics Stuff For My Computer So Can I Run It Plz???

DieSse 22:24 09 Jan 06

The only way you'll really find out is if you try it. The Activision site says yes, so I guess we should believe them eh?

But probably not brilliantly - for that you would likely need a significantly better card - but I cannot know for sure.

What graphics card do you have now? - or is it on-board graphics?

Death_Angel 22:25 09 Jan 06

This Is What The Test Got So When I Buy My Graphics Card Will This Past The Test??

FAIL: Sorry, your CPU does not meet this minimum requirement. It may be time to purchase a more powerful computer to make your life easier. Click the 'We Recommend' button to discover how you can.

007al 22:30 09 Jan 06
  Death_Angel 22:32 09 Jan 06

I Have All These On My Motherboard Currently But Note I Will Be Buying Ram For My Computer:::::

Micro ATX form factor
Inter Pentium 4 Processor in the mPGA 478 pin package
Two Built in Enhanced IDE controllers
Intel 82845GV Graphics Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
Intel 82801DB I/O Controller Hub (ICH4)
Built In High Performance Audio CODEC and PCI audio Controller in Intel 82845GV GMCH.
SMSC LPC47M192/LPC47M997 super I/O controller
Realtek RTL8101L LAN controller
Advanced Power Management (APM) and Advanced Configuration and Power Interfade(ACPI)
Three 32-bit PCI expansion card connectors
System BIOS and video BIOS shadow RAM
Plug and Pllay (PnP) BIOS feature
Password Function by using BIOS

Starfox 22:32 09 Jan 06

If a PCI card (as opposed to PCI Express) is what you need then you are going to be limited on what is available
click here seems to be the best I can find that stand any chance of running DOOM 3 bu don't expect top notch performance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…