graphics cards

steve25138703 13:16 25 Jan 05

hi im going to be building my first pc in a couple of weeks and im really stuck on what graphics card to buy theres so much out there i have up tp £200 to spend on it. any feed back would be great thenks. steve.

t.long 13:21 25 Jan 05

I presume you want to play games? If not there are much cheaper options out there.

Eurbiz 13:44 25 Jan 05

Hi Steve
I installed a graphics card in a dell dimension (P4 2.5Ghz 512MB) last week. This was in response to my 17 year old nephew wanting to play the latest PC games etc.

After a good deal of research, I purchased and fitted a Geforce FX 5700 256 MB Ultra card from click here It was £99.99 delivered the next day and backed up by a knowledgeable and efficient service.

Card slots in your AGP slot and requires a power supply so make sure you got spare power connectors!

Results have proved to be very impressive graphics running games like "half life 2" "Soldner" and the like which demand a helluva lot from your onboard graphics installation.

Of course you could go to a higher spec card but I feel it may only be necessary if you are into total gaming online etc.

Hope this helps

citadel 19:47 25 Jan 05

gforce 6600gt, or 6800.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…