//some 3rd party need geo

Graphics Cards?

Citizen Snips 19:54 22 Oct 04

Hello guy's

I'm looking to buy myself a new gfx card for my Dell Dimesion 2400,however,my computer knowledge isn't what it used to be,and now when I look at the specs,they all seem gibberish to me. Therefore,could anyone be kind enough to point out what I need to look for when I'm shopping for a graphics card,and perhaps suggest a few models?

Thanks

Completealias 21:29 22 Oct 04

Hi There

The first thing you need to establish is has your mother board got an AGP slot? If so what rate is it ie 2x 4x or 8x.

After you've found that out the first thing to ask is whats your budget and what do you want to use the card for?

There are a number of graphics cards out there ranging in low end budget price ones starting at about £40 upto spending hundreds of pounds on one.

I have a geforce FX5200 with 128mb of RAM onboard. Its does the job but isn't upto playing the latest games out price on dabs.com is around £40. I've had frame rates of 42 frames per second in unreal tournament 2003.

squid 22:18 22 Oct 04

I imagine your just loooking for a card that is not for the latest games so the ge-force fx 5200 will serve your needs and not break your pocket(£43). check your dell but it should have an 8X agp.A good place to look for a card is at click here Have a look

Strawballs 22:59 22 Oct 04

I have the Nvidia FX500 256meg and it handles everything that I throw at it as I am not into latest games

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…