Graphics Card...any good??

IanR_ 16:11 13 May 04

click here

is the above a good purchase??

Totally-braindead 16:42 13 May 04

Yes its a cracker the 9800 pro is one of the best cards about and for the money you are getting a brand name card. Looks like a good deal. However I was one of the "lucky" ones who got an unbranded 9800 Pro from Overclockers about 6 weeks ago, regardless of what I did I just couldn't get it to run, and believe me when I say I know all about installing new hardware so it wasn't just me not knowing what I was doing. I even spent another £30 on a new power supply thinking it might be that, but it wasn't made no difference whatsoever. After a week of tearing my hair out I was forced to conclude the card was actually faulty and Overclockers refunded the money. Bought a MSI GeForce5900XT and it runs brilliantly not even a glitch and it was about the same money. So you take your chances, however if I was looking for a new card now, I would seriously consider this one as its a brand name card and of all the components I've bought over the years most of my trouble has been caused by buying cheap unbranded bits.

gudgulf 16:45 13 May 04

YES

byfordr 16:47 13 May 04

Superb card! £133 click here £140 for one by Sapphire click here 9800pro inc vat (not heard of company click here

ThePharcyde007 16:50 13 May 04

Only thing I would recommend would also to buy a Artic Cooler to go with that, you can then clock the gfx gpu and mem to XT speeds ;-) otherwise fine. I have been playing Farcry and ave 50fps with a 9800 pro clocked to xt

IanR_ 17:03 13 May 04

sounds like i will have to get my wallet out then...thanx for the replies,i suppose at that price i cant refuse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…