graphics card will not fit my new pc

Kefty 23:50 22 May 06

I have a Compaq Evo P4(1.7) desktop and I am trying to fit a Leadtek Geoforce3 Ti500 card and it wont physically fit! The current card is a VGA Vanta Card. This card seems to be much slimmer enabling the case to fit.

Any advice on my options to upgrade the graphics card, bearing in mind that it seems to be a slimline...

Belatucadrus 00:46 23 May 06

On the assumption that the slot is the right form, it sounds like you've got a small form factor case that needs a low profile card. Is the end plate on the new card the same height as the original or taller ?

Kefty 01:12 23 May 06

Hi thanks. The end plate is taller. I have got a sff case. Is this a problem?

vinnyT 10:35 23 May 06

Yes, i think you need to look for a half height/low profile gfx card to fit your case.

Totally-braindead 10:50 23 May 06

You have 3 real choices. Either leave things as they are, buy a low profile graphics card or the third possability is buy a new PC case.
The simplist option is to sell your old card and get a low profile one to replace it but there are not that many of them and a lot of them seem quite pricey for what they are. I am unsure as to whether you will be able to get anything as good as the GeForce 3 Ti in a low profile model.

Strawballs 10:57 23 May 06

The cheapest option would be to by a new case click here

Belatucadrus 11:06 23 May 06

Not if you get a low profile card, try e-buyer or whatever your vendor of choice is and put "Low profile graphics" into the search box.

Belatucadrus 11:22 23 May 06

Remembering that if you do decide to go for the new case option, any existing low profile PCI cards without the full sized end-plate are unlikely to fit and would need replacing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…