Graphics Card & Widescreen compatability

collie_man 11:54 27 Mar 07

I have the VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP graphics card installed. I am looking at getting a 19" widescreen monitor in the next few days, using mainly for animation and video editing.

Will this card support the widescreen as I have read a little online about other people having problems but I cant actually find out the resolution limits of this card !

Also, how much approx. are cards that would support, if this one doesn't ?

Any help appreciated
Cal

Monument 12:19 27 Mar 07

Googled and the results show many people disappionted that they can not display widescreen. click here=

So it seems not.

keef66 13:00 27 Mar 07

My GF 6600 supports a 20" widescreen at it's native resolution. I suggest you look for a GeForce 6200 based card. You can find them online starting at £25 depending on whether you have AGP or PCI-express graphics slot.

collie_man 17:12 27 Mar 07

Magic, thank you very much !

How would I find out which slot, AGP or PCI, I have ?

Any from 6200 would support that resolution would they ?

Many thanks

GaT7 19:24 27 Mar 07

'How would I find out which slot, AGP or PCI, I have ?'
- Download & run SIW click here / Everest click here. This should tell you your motherboard make & model. Post this info here & someone will let you know what graphics card would be suitable.

Btw, a PCI card would do too - if you have one free PCI slot. So your options could be AGP/PCI/PCI-E depending on your motherboard.

'Any from 6200 would support that resolution would they?'
- Yes. Even if they don't updated drivers should take care of it.

Also keep in mind that your motherboard manufacturer & VIA may have released an updated BIOS & display drivers respectively that will be capable of a 1440x900 res. If this is the case, you won't have to purchase a new graphics card. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…