Graphics card upgrade with no AGP?

Adrian-209565 15:31 21 Apr 06

I have an eMachines 210 running Windows XP. I would like, if possible, to upgrade the graphics card, but this computer has no AGP slot. Is there a way of doing this, or would I need to get a better pc? Assume that i am a novice who knows virtually nothing!

Stuartli 15:34 21 Apr 06

There are PCI graphics cards. Here's one example:

click here

If you look through dabs, Scan or similar online outlet you should be able to find one or two examples - not very much demand these days though.

Adrian-209565 15:59 21 Apr 06

Thanks. I'll do a bit more scanning around on Ebay!

skidd 16:12 21 Apr 06

Forget about PCI graphics cards - they will probably be inferior to your onboard one. Omly thing to do unfortunately is to upgrade your system

ACOLYTE 17:04 21 Apr 06

You can or could get some quite decent PCI cards at one time,of course they wont match the latest AGP or PCI-E cards but you may be able to find one to suit,depending on what you want to do with it.

Stuartli 17:25 21 Apr 06

A PCI card is not as good as its AGP equivalent, but definitely better than older onboard graphics chipsets.

Belatucadrus 17:37 21 Apr 06

Still some worthwhile options to look at click here and click here remembering that going from onboard to a card will also give you an effective RAM hike which could be a useful performance boost.

Adrian-209565 16:06 25 Apr 06

Thanks for your help. I've ordered a Radeon 9250 from Ebuyer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…