Graphics Card Upgrade

sharpe 20:30 06 Apr 03

I've got a Dan 333Mhz, 384Mb Ram using Windows 98SE but I have only got an ATI [email protected] 8Mb SGRAM Video Card and I want to upgrade to a better spec. I don't need to go mad, I want to spend about £50 - £60.

I have managed to fit a bigger hardrive and make the original a slave, (a major achievement for me) I have only got a basic soundcard but it is adequate but I thought that a better video card might make my flight simulator a bit better.

Anyone got any suggestions???

A Cat Called George 20:48 06 Apr 03

Try looking on Ebay for a card with a Geforce4 MX440 chip and 64 or 128MB ddr ram. Such a card would give your graphics performance a major boost.

sharpe 21:11 06 Apr 03

I've spotted an MSI 64Mb GeForce 4 MX 440SE DDR with TV out, at a reasonable price.

Do all of these graphics cards fit any PC or are they sensitive to bus speeds or aything like that, what about such things as AMD or Pentium, does any of that matter?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…