graphics card upgrade

graham154 07 Sep 11

i have just bought a second hand philips mt1200 desktop pc it has windows 7 ultimate installed unfortunatly the onboard graphics card does not support windows aero it has pci slot for grapics card but there does not seem to many avalible i have heard there is a pcie adapter that enbles those type of cards to be used does anyone know if there is such a thing and if so where can i by one

gengiscant 07 Sep 11

I suspect you will have an AGP slot on your motherboard which will give you a wide choice of graphics cards. If you could use something like SIW Free version to tell us the motherboard make model or failing that quite often the model number etc will be on the motherboard somewhere. Or take a photo of the board, but as I said I feel sure that you have an AGP slot.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message