Graphics Card Upgrade

tony-guitar 16:51 03 Sep 10

Hi, My PC is 8yrs old. However 3yrs ago after a major crash, a new power supply, HDD, and Motherboard were fitted by a local repair shop.And it still runs fine. The graphics card, ram, and sound card all escaped injury, but i've just been given a DVD created from a camcorder in M-PEG4 and the picture freezes badly. I downloaded a trial version of "Power DVD v10" with some improvements. But i now think it may be the Graphics Card. Its An ATI Radeon 9000 family, fitted onto an ASROCK K7S41GX Motherboard (AMD Athlon). Would the Asus HD4350 (1gb) fit and be suitable? Its also under £30. Will the old card need uninstalling before fitting the new one? Thanks for any help - Tony

northumbria61 17:33 03 Sep 10

Step-by-Step instructions for installing a NEW Graphics Card (they must be followed to avoid any problems)- click here

I will leave to to someone else to advise you about a suitable card as I don't possess/use a camcorder or play many DVD's.

citadel 22:56 03 Sep 10

i would think your card should play dvd ok maybe too many processes going on in the background using cpu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…