Graphics Card Upgrade

Big Trev 22:36 30 Sep 04

This may sound like a silly question to those in the know, but will upgrading my graphics card from a 32Mb one to a 128Mb improve the picture I get on the TV card? Right now I only get a sharp picture in glorious 2" x 3" vision. Full screen is hazy. Will a better graphics card provide a bigger, sharper picture?

Thanks in anticipation.

Noelg23 22:51 30 Sep 04

it should do...cos you get more options with a bigger memory graphics give it a try..however doesnt the TV card program come with a change of resolution setting or something like that?

stalion 22:55 30 Sep 04

your computer picture is only as good as your graphics card updating to a better card will improve it a lot.

JonnyTub 23:00 30 Sep 04

I beg to differ

Sorry Big Trev it won't, your problem lies in the fact that you need an extremely good reception for your tv receiver card to get a better picture on your screen, your graphics card can only process the signal it's getting from the tv tuner card. I tried a few tv tuner cards and the low priced one's just don't cut the mustard if you haven't got a "supreme" reception. You could alway's try a signal booster which are a damn sight cheaper than graphics cards.

JonnyTub 23:02 30 Sep 04

by it won't i mean it will improve your overall screen quality but it won't better the picture your recieveing

kakellie 23:06 30 Sep 04

depends on which card you go for and what resolution your tv can display and if you want dual display.A dual display card is now available to display on both your monitor and tv ati and nvidia do these for under £100

kakellie 23:12 30 Sep 04

sorry misinterpreted the question if your after better quality reception your better off having a video in and audio in and feeding off your video i had pinnacle pctv and it was s***e go for a feed to pc.

Big Trev 07:28 01 Oct 04

Perhaps I have confused folk with how I put the question. The picture is excellent as it is a feed from the back of a BSkyB Digibox. I would just like to waotch things in a bigger picture - not only the TV but mpeg and avi files also, for example.

Will the better graphics card help?

JonnyTub 17:01 01 Oct 04

increase your screen reolution, if that doesn't work, get the card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…