Graphics Card update for Widescreen

Cryo 22:05 02 Mar 08

Having just bought a Samsung 931BW wide screen monitor, I have discovered that the aspect ratio is 16x10(as opposed to normal 16x9) & the native resolution is 1400x900. My 6-year-old graphics card cannot display this; please could someone suggest a suitable replacement card?
The System details are as follows; -
Graphics card = Nvidia GeForce 2 Ti, AGPX4, 64MB memory.
PSU = FSP250-60GTV, Max output = 250Watts.
Motherboard = Asus A7V266-E
Processor = AMD Athlone XP1700+
I have downloaded the latest driver for the graphics card & tried all the available resolutions under settings, but to no avail. The highest resolution that works reasonably is 1152x864 and am running 1280x1024 @ the moment. Both these settings still result in slight distortions, people look slightly “tubby” & circles are not truly rounded. Any upgrade suggestions would be most gratefully received

brundle 22:59 02 Mar 08

One of these would be a decent upgrade; click here

brundle 23:00 02 Mar 08

Sorry...none left..try here click here

Cryo 00:11 03 Mar 08

Thanks for the prompt reply brundle, that would appear to be just the sort of thing I am looking for; I was a bit worried as the PSU is rather a low output for modern graphic displays. But as long as I can get the native resolution then I'm not too worried about super performance just @ present. The next step will be to replace this old Evesham with something up to date but this may take a little while, (Gordon Brown keeps nicking lumps off my pension!) Thanks once again.
Cryo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…