graphics card for two monitors off one PC

terendak_uk 22:06 16 Jul 04

Bought a G card with two VGA ports....put two monitors on, no problem. Wanted to do that on another PC and noticed that existing Gcard supported two monitors, albeit with one port and a cable that bifurcated into a VGA and digital port. OK....put another monitor on...and got very confused. In the first instance I get two separate monitors, as I wanted, in the latter, I get an extended monitor. Hope that makes sense to someone....be very grateful for education..... Cheers

TBH1 22:15 16 Jul 04

this probably absolutely no help at all but - - -when I had a PC with a matrox duel screen card (can't remember model, 450 or something), although I never had 2 monitors on it, I read that there were a number of configurations for it, 2 of which were an extended kind of thing, and a setup with two different programs running on them. I think it will tell you in graphics card manual.

There, told you no help at all - - -I'll get me coat - - -

terendak_uk 22:20 16 Jul 04

me confused too.There's a thread of logic in what you say but, like in the "manual"...it's not hitting me. Thanks for response tho!

terendak_uk 22:25 16 Jul 04

I added a second internal HD to a PC today, running XP. Took me 1/2 an hour to NOT find Management...I forgot, got very embarrassed, said I'd be back in a mo'...quickly searched archives here and......got the answer quickly. Just knowing where/how to look, I think!Usually someone here can provide that "paradigm" shift in mentality/outlook

TBH1 22:26 16 Jul 04

and "bifurcated" - - - -whats that all about ????
Try finding info on graphics card via google

TBH1 22:39 16 Jul 04

flamin nora - "paradigm" ????

terendak_uk 22:44 16 Jul 04

Nvidia card does that to me....bifurcation's like barfing , only twice ;-)))

terendak_uk 22:48 16 Jul 04

The Gcard had one "plug" but came with a cable splitter...one VGA and one DVi . I'm used to a Gcard with two "plugs", putting one monitor into one and the other...into the second, so got lost.Would like to know the diff between the two types of card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…