graphics card trouble

jimbobjim 20:05 29 Oct 04

My video card is an integrated Sis 650 - 64mb and wont run call of duty, any ideas why?

malgall 20:18 29 Oct 04

dont now much about your sis 650 but call of duty needs a 3d card that can deal with directx 9b
you can try downloading latest drivers but i would expect you need to buy a seperate 3d card
integrated graphics is normally fairly poor

also your other details cpu and memory details
would help

jimbobjim 20:22 29 Oct 04

The cpu is intel celeron 2.7 GHz and memory is 256mb but it says in dxdiag that its 191mb?

Totally-braindead 20:25 29 Oct 04

Thats because the video is part of the motherboard, it uses some of the system memory. In order to play Call of Duty you will need a dedicated graphics card. Check whether you have an AGP slot on your motherboard.

gudgulf 20:38 29 Oct 04

The discrepancy in your memory is due to the fact that your sis on board graphics 64MB is taken from the system memory.

Call of Duty is a graphics intensive game and if you want to run it you need a decent agp graphics card.You would also be well advised to up your system memory as well,particularly if you are running XP.

From my own memory the sis 650 is poor by the standards of even on-board graphics adapters.If you tell us the make/model of your pc we might be able to point you in the direction of the upgades you need.An idea of how much you would be willing to pay would also help.

fitcher 21:49 29 Oct 04

pop in a graphics card and disable the onboard graphics ( if that is posible and you have an agp slot on motherboard )

polish 22:04 29 Oct 04

a new card would be ideal a agp card would also take somestrain off the computer and dobling the ram would make a big difference

malgall 23:08 30 Oct 04

agree with others add 256mb ram and a new 3d card
which one depends on if you have agp slot and how much you want to pay

hugh-265156 01:04 31 Oct 04

yeah i agree with all the above. my motherboard has onboard graphics and uses an sis650/961 and i used it for all of about five minutes when i purchased it to test, its rubbish at playing even older games but its ok for windows.

adding any recent budget agp card will see a vast improvement in games, agree that adding another 256mb of ram will also help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…