graphics card suddenly slow performance in games

metric man 16:57 PM 28 Apr 13

I have a dell inspiron N4110 laptop with switch-able graphics cards (intel HD 3000 and radeon HD 6470m). I used to use the radeon HD 6470 graphics card for gaming, but recently I've gotten a huge drop in performance when using it, in which games like minecraft I used to get 60fps solid and now it's around 20fps. I've updated my drivers over 10 times already (for some reason driver update from official site never works) but still this problem persists. Could it be a problem with hardware?

Woolwell 18:29 PM 28 Apr 13

When was the laptop last cleaned from dust, etc?

metric man 19:36 PM 28 Apr 13

I've never cleaned the dust out I think. Also the laptop is about 1 year old.

Dell-Harish 12:00 PM 03 May 13

Hi Metric man ,

Is the issue only noticed on Minecraft, If yes- Few issues noticed after the previous update ( fps drop due to new texture system while looking at horses ),Update: 13w18c has been released to resolve the problem . If no- Uninstall the video drivers, update the BIOS version to A12 & then update the video drivers.

Regards,

Dell-Harish K

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay