Is this Graphics Card Right for My PC?

TIAL 11:02 17 May 10

Hi there,

I have recently downloaded the free version of Portal and would like to play it on my PC.
Here are my specs:

On-board graphics (a 96MB Intel 82865G).
Pentium 4 2.80 GHz
0.98 GB of RAM
Gigabyte GA-8IG Motherboard (1 AGP 4X, supports 1.5v display card only)
My screen currently uses a VGA connector but I have noticed there is a DVI socket that could be used on it.

So I'm guessing the bottleneck here is my graphics card, right? Given the above specs, I have found this card:
click here
Would that work on my PC? I just thought it would be worth confirming before I buy (and I am fairly new to this). Also, are there any better cards out there that might fit my computer?

Thanks for your help! :D

gengiscant 12:59 17 May 10

That graphic card will be fine but I think you are paying a little to much for it. Look here for a better price.click here

Ibanez2010 13:03 17 May 10

Depends what your budget is.
You'll need an AGP card instead of the more modern PCI Express kind.
The card you linked to is really old and slow.
Here's the fastest AGP card from Nvidia that I could find. Still and old card as they don't make AGP any more. click here
Your lack of Ram and P4 cpu is also going to hold you back a bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…